ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of commerce was established in the year 1998. The Department was upgraded to a post-graduate department in the year 2004. Today the department is popular and highly successful because of its highly qualified and dedicated faculty members who are involved in teaching activities.
The members of the department have been frequently attending and presenting papers in various national and international conferences and seminars. Further, the members are participating in UGC sponsored orientation courses conducted by University of Madras.
|Programmes offered ||Description
|B.Com||Started with 50 seats in 1998-99
|M.Com||Started with 4 seats in 2004-2005
Our vision is to impart quality Education to make students well-versed and face challenges in the field of Commerce and Business.
- To bring out the hidden potentialities by providing them ample opportunities for overall growth and development of the students.
- To foster ethical, moral values and attitudes for their development as an effective personnel for business, industry and financial services sector.
- To construct entrepreneurs and to mount with current corporate scenario.
- To create a positive mindset that care for the upliftment of underprivileged and marginalized sections of the society.
Mission of churning out Budding Managers, the Department of Commerce was established with focused objectives of giving contemporary education to our students.
- To provide the opportunities to quip themselves with communication skills combined with accounting skills to meet the requirements of the professionals for the companies.
- To conduct UG/PG programmes to meet the HR requirements.
- To equip students with soft skills, personality enrichment and analytical tools required for business management in today’s competitive world. Our students gain practical knowledge in all aspects.
- To imbibe a spirit of entrepreneurship and creativity among our students.