Accounting and Financial
Sriram College of Arts and Science have introduced the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance) Course in 2012-2013. This course provides professional education for those wishing to pursue their careers in the field of Accounting and Finance. The dual major of Accounting and Finance enables students to understand the increasingly complex and critical area of finance coupled with knowledge of the practices of accounting. It is a perfectly designed full finance course for aspiring Chartered Accountants and financial analyst. The course not only aims at training students to gain knowledge in the fields related to Accounting and Finance but also leads to the all round development of their personality.
- To create for the students of SRAC and additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit the industry by providing them with suitable trained person in the field of Accounting and Finance.
- To prepare student to exploit opportunities, being newly created in the accounting and finance profession.
- To provide adequate basic understanding about accounting and finance educational among the students.
- To give adequate exposure to operational environment in the field of A&F.
- The students are moulded perfectly to fit in with the requirements of an ideal financial analyst / Chartered Accountant who knows how to make proper analysis, correct decision and most importantly to ensure the proper execution of the decision.
- To enable students know the development of accounting principles, concepts, methods, conventions, procedures and rules from elementary stage to its present stage of development.
- To equip the students with the necessary skills and abilities in the preparation of financial reports and interpretation.
- To prepare students with techniques of problem solving ability, planning, evaluating and controlling of activities for measuring profitability and efficiency.
- To acquaint students with the principles and techniques of decision making in the major operations and strategic areas of the organization.
- To enlighten students know the application of accounting principles, concepts, principles of auditing in the business organizations.
- Graduates can pursue careers in the field of accounts, financial analysts, chartered accountants, credit analysts, stock brokers, financial planner, consultants and managing director.
- Accounting and finance field opens up professional opportunities for those with competencies in both accounting and information systems.
DURATION OF THE COURSE AND RELATED INFORMATION
- The course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over in three years.
- Number of students a batch shall consist of not more than 70 students.
- The course shall consist of 40 subjects.